Wondering how to make the most delicious, authentic Mexican chipotle fajitas? Here, I will tell you my secret recipe.
My husband is from New Delhi, and as a good Indian, he enjoys his food with a lot of spices and hot, flaming hot – and with a lot of onions.
He loves Mexican food but wasn’t a fan of my Mexican food because I always prefer plain food. I have intolerances to chile, onion, and garlic, so most of my meals have been plain for a long time (sadly).
When I realized that I had to incorporate all the things he loves into my cooking, I started cooking double each time – one for him and one for me. One of the first dishes that he became a fan of was my chicken fajitas, or in other words, Mexican Chipotle Fajitas.
So here is the recipe. It smells incredible, and my hubby loves it despite being a harsh critic. I will call this fajitas: Davinder’s Chipotle Fajitas. So let’s start:
This recipe is for two people. Of for one person for two days.
- 2 Chicken Brest sliced into thin strips
- 1 bell pepper red, thinly sliced (julienne)
- 1 bell pepper green, thinly sliced (julienne)
- 1 bell pepper yellow, thinly sliced (julienne)
- 1bell pepper orange, thinly sliced (julienne)
- 1 White onion, thinly sliced (julienne)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (olive oil or grape oil)
- 2 chipotles and its juice (I buy the can ones at any supermarket)
- 1 tablespoon of No salt Seasoning
- Salt ( I cook with Kosher salt)
- Worcestershire sauce (around 8 to 10 shakes)
- Maggie sauce (around 5 shakes)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Cheese (shredded – Tex Mex mix – Cheddar, Monterrey and mozza)
- Tortillas (flour tortillas taste better)
- Refrain beans
First, cut the peppers in julienne (small strips)
Second, cut the onion in julienne (small strips)
Third, cut the chicken breast (strips)
Now preheat your pan. I use a Wok Stir-Fry Pan, add the Oil, add the Onion, and 4 to 5 Worcestershire sauce shakes. Add the seasoning. (this is an Indian secret, not to the chicken but to the onion)
Now, add the chicken, salt and chipotle. Cut the chipotle on the wok and mix it until the chicken is perfectly cooked.
Now, add the peppers and the cilantro (optional) mix.
Now, add the rest of the Worcestershire sauce (3 or 4 more shakes) and the Maggie sauce. Mix perfectly and cook until the peppers are soft.
Lastly, add the Cheese (you don’t have to, but as the lady in tik tok says, “It ain’t gonna slide down easy if it ain’t cheesy,” lol) and after mixing, once the cheese melts, turn the fire off and LISTO! ready to eat!
Warm up your tortillas. Make your Guacamole (or just avocado slices) Have your favourite salsa
Roll up the tortillas tightly and enjoy the flavorful chipotle fajitas you’ve prepared!
Now you can savour chipotle fajitas’ smoky and spicy goodness right at home. Enjoy!
Visit my Home page for my articles! Thank you